RE: Home Plumbing Problem--not a structural related

(1) Is there way to unclog the mineral buildup in these old iron pipes? Like an angioplasty operation to our artery at cheaper cost?

Yes, but either chemical or pressure based solutions might not work for old pipes. There is a great risk of breakage or leakage caused by corrosion or pressure after these precedures.

(2) If not, should I reroute my hot and cold pipe outside? We don't get below freezing here too oftern at Cupertino.

Rerouting the pipes is a usual solution for old houses. It's hard to say what kind of problem is waiting for you under the flooring! So if I were you I reroute piping. And also I think insulating the pipes is not just for freezing, it'll reduce heating energy cost too.

Good luck,

email: fmtehrani(--nospam--at)hotmail.com