RE: residential plywood diaphragm glue

My understanding is that the glue used is intended to be rigid.  The glue
used in the field is made to conform with American Plywood Association
Specification AFG-01, "Adhesives for Field-Gluing Plywood to Wood Framing."
Theoretically using this glue increases the I and S of the floor system,
essentially creating a single structural element.  I understand that the
reason we do not use glued shearwalls is that the failure would be brittle
as opposed to ductile.