Re: Home Plumbing Problem--not a structural related

John Schenne wrote:

> Dear Nels:
>
> Its been a while since I took geochemistry, but I think CO2 applied under
> pressure to water forms cabonic acid (H2CO3)

John...great memory of college chem....we were discussing this result but is it
cabonic or carbonic??  we didn't remember.

We were joking that he could just run Coke thru the pipes :)....I did the "tooth
in the Coke" experiment  after about a week the the tooth was in really bad
shape.

regards
Bob

PS

I would strongly suggest a copper re-pipe using the crawl space for access to do
the job right...there are companies that specialize in re-pipes & do they for
resoanble cost ....unless the original poster is handy.

I would not recommend the exterior re-pipe.

Robert Kazanjy, PE  **Disclaimer: I speak for myself not UC-Irvine**
Senior Development Engineer
Civil & Environmental Engineering
UC Irvine