RE: submit code questions on seismology web page

Lynn and Ed,
I don't know Martin Johnson and because I don't know him, I am not in a
position to offer him the same interpretation as you. Many of us are very
sensitive about the lack of resolution to the issues regarding one and two
story residential design.

Knowing that these are sensitive issues, if his comments were not
inappropriate or condescending they were the result of poor judgment. The
consternation and decisions to exempt residential structures from the
provisions of the code (rigid diaphragm and whatever else may be included)
were, in great part, due to the efforts of the few who participated and
devoted great personal effort to overcome the resistance that the Seismology
Committee presented. Any comment CAN be interpreted as critical of the
"vocal minority" should have been avoided.

If he is willing to resolve issues then he should be able to resolve those
still left on the table after the December 4th Seismology Meeting. If he
wants questions, he has a backlog of that were submitted at the expense of
many of us who did take the time and responded in the past. I don't feel
obligated to duplicate my efforts.

Dennis