RE: residential plywood diaphragm glue

We often use 3M 5230 adhesive when we install new wood framing in retrofit work.
It has a more elastic "gummy" hardness after it dries that allows the nails to
continue to form ductile bending mechanisms.  We did some limited testing in
samples using it after the Northridge EQ and were able to develop substantial
strengths and ductilities.  Being more elastic, the glue tends to roll into tiny
beads as the nails bend and the deformations become large.  We were even able to
get significant ductility using screws in parallel with the glue.  It's too bad
we didn't have the time or budget to carry through and publish the results.