Re: Concrete flat slab strengthening

To "reinforce" Harold's position.  Just yesterday I looked at a driveway
slab which used fibermesh.  The contractor/owner placed the slab with
expansion/control joints just as he would have had with plain concrete.
His expectation was to have a relatively crack-free driveway.

>From a qualitative standpoint, I could see no improvement in crack-control
from plain concrete.

Fountain Conner

> From: Sprague, Harold O. <SpragueHO(--nospam--at)bv.com>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: RE: Concrete flat slab strengthening
> Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 11:31 AM
>

> I guess that I don't understand the comment.  Most people who subscribe
> this list know that I am not a fan of polypropylene fibers in concrete.
Non