Re: submit code questions on seismology web page

Mark:

Your comments are reasonable, but I take exception to your closing analogy.
Both politicians and CEO's are paid to perform their duties on a full-time
basis, with no other responsibilities.  SEAOC volunteers are unpaid, and perform
their duties after all of their company's contract work is completed, usually at
the expense of their personal life.

I believe it is reasonable to expect a high quality level for the work that the
SEAOC volunteers complete.

However, I believe it is unreasonable to impose schedule expectations on them.

If we continue to criticize the SEAOC volunteers because they don't meet
somebody's schedule expectations, don't be surprised that nobody volunteers in
the future.

Respectfully,

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

"Swingle, Mark" <Mark.Swingle(--nospam--at)dgs.ca.gov> on 01/11/2000 09:55:41 AM