sloped metal deck diaphragms

I put this question on the list a while back and did not receive much of a
response.
If a roof system is to be a sloped roof with a steel deck how is it treated
as a diaphragm. The outside of the roof is a typical gable roof with a
slope of 7 or 8 to 12. The structure of the building is a steel frame with
a Hambro type floor system. It is three stories. My previous employer did a
similar building that used a system of horizontal steel member x-bracing at
the underside of the roof with the steel joists sloping with the deck on
them. The deck was thus not used for the lateral load resistance but only
vertical. It would seem to be the way to do it as loading the deck on angle
would be like loading the top of a slender deep beam with it leaning out of
vertical. Any thoughts?? What about the similar situation with sloped wood
roof trusses and plywood roof sheathing??

David Handy, P.Eng
Ontario, Canada