Re: Re-using steel structures in very cold climates

Dave

Have you contacted BHP Long products divison yet? I am only
making an assuption, but I think they may have supplied some
steel for structures in Antarctica. If so, determine if it was a special
order, like obtaining the weather resistant grades. My memory is
foggy, but the WRs used to be covered by AS 1205 -1980
"Structural Steels - Weather Resistant Weldable Grades". I dont
have Aussie standards here so, again assuming, that code may
have been updated.

With all this said, this should help in determining if the steel of the
existing structures are suitable for use in the colder climate. (I
hope). then again, I may have been no use at all :)

Now, 2 extremely important issues!!!!
1) Who won the AFL Grand Final this year?
2) Who won the NRL Grand Final?

Peter