FEMA 343, BSSC Case Studies Project Report, NOW AVAILABLE.

The Building Seismic Safety Council Report "Case Studies: An Assessment of
the NEHRP (FEMA 273) Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings,"
also referred to as "FEMA 343," is now available FREE from the FEMA
Publication Center, telephone 1-800-480-2520.  I called the FEMA Publication
Center on January 12, 2000, and the FEMA person said my copy had been shipped
on January 6, 2000.

FEMA 273 Report is entitled: "NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation
of Buildings."  FEMA 274 is the Commentary for FEMA 273.  Hopefully, both
FEMA 273 and 274 are still available from the FEMA Publication Center.

If you have been following the development of FEMA 273 and FEMA 274 or have
attended any of the ATC/BSSC Regional Seminars on FEMA 273, you will want to
have your copy of FEMA 343 for your library.

Ugo Morelli, FEMA Project Officer for FEMA 273 and FEMA 343 deserves our
sincere thanks and appreciation for all his continuing efforts to minimize
the earthquake hazards through the FEMA programs that include support for the
preparation of and publication of important reports, like FEMA 273, 274, 275,
276 and 343; and support for the ATC/BSSC Regional Seminars on FEMA 273; and
many other similar FEMA programs.

Frank E. McClure    January 12, 2000