SDM Vol. 1 Example 44 - Beam tie[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: SDM Vol. 1 Example 44 - Beam tie
- From: "Julian Chu" <julian(--nospam--at)gouvisgroup.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:56:59 -0800
In the design example(p. 138), the minimum tie force Eh between two beams is 0.5CaI times the dead load plus live load supported on the beams per Section 1633.2.5.
Can someone explain it to me if the live load includes roof live load or just the floor live load? If we have to include the roof live load, what is the reason behind it?
Newport Beach, CA
- Prev by Subject: Screws in Plywood for Seismic/Wind Loads
- Next by Subject: Re: SDM Vol. 1 Example 44 - Beam tie
- Previous by thread: Steel Structures in very Cold Climates
- Next by thread: Re: SDM Vol. 1 Example 44 - Beam tie