Re: Steel Structures in very Cold Climates

Point of interested. When calling up ASTM grades etc in response
to "International" requests, it would be handy to specify metric
equivalents.
i.e  A588 is equivalent to Fy = 290 MPa, Fu = 435 MPa.

>From my intepretation of the original post, the steel in the existing
structures may be  Fy = 250 - 260 Mpa.

It helps when cross checking non-ASTM steels, as is the case in
Australia.

As an Aussie working in the US, I have access to the relevant
ASTM data, others may not.

Peter