RE: Demolition, Tendons, Post-Tensioned Parking Deck

Fountain,

Lubricants used in the early 70's were just petroleum lubricants (no
corrosion inhibitors) which often times leached out into the concrete
because of the generally poor quality sheaths used at the time.  I would not
characterize them as encapsulated.  Any lubricant that leaches out into the
concrete can leach out again, but the relative quantities would not be that
much different than what has dripped from cars for the past 30 years.
Hazardous materials are relative to quantity and where you are planning on
dumping them.

Have some samples submitted to a testing lab.

Regards,
Harold Sprague