Connecting to Existing Metal Roof Deck

I looking at a small addition to a local mall.  The existing roof is metal
deck with insulation board and light weight concrete.  The roof on the
addition will match it.

At the connection between new and existing, I anticipate cutting back the
existing roof to the centerline of the supporting joist.  The new deck will
be attached to that joist (probably with puddle welds).

How is the connection between the new and existing roof systems normally
detailed?  Is is just a "butt" joint or is there some attempt to provide
some kind of positive connection between the roof systems other than both
are attached to the joist?

The project is located in North Florida:  high winds, low seismic.

David Finley, P.E.