From: Charles Greenlaw [mailto:cgreenlaw(--nospam--at)speedlink.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 6:43 PM
To: rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org
Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Old RHO Messages

Mr. Greenlaw notes:

"...My own examination shows that the present Rho factor procedure for
plywood
shear walls completely missed the point on obtaining redundancy; instead it
penalized lack of lineal feet of panel, regardless of stress per foot or
number of panels. It is a regular Rosemary's Baby of a code 'new arrival'."