Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Industrial Grade Glulams

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I specified industrial grade glulams for a pedestrian bridge deck.  The deck
is comprised of glulam stringers with 3 1/8" glulam deck panels attached to
the stringers. 

There are a whole bunch of knot holes in the glulam deck panels that are
about 1 to 2 inches deep.  It seems like these will collect water, and, I
suppose, rot out the deck over time .  Is there a filler that is commonly
used for this?  Maybe a glue or epoxy.

Doug Fredericks, P.E.
2485 Natomas Park Drive, Suite 600
Sacramento, CA  95833
916.920.0212 x341
916.614.3541 (fax)