Re: Industrial Grade Glulams

If you specified an exterior grade material such as Alaskan Cedar, your likely OK.

>>> "Fredericks, Douglas/SAC" <DFreder1(--nospam--at)CH2M.com> 01/14 1:45 PM >>>

I specified industrial grade glulams for a pedestrian bridge deck.  The deck
is comprised of glulam stringers with 3 1/8" glulam deck panels attached to
the stringers.

There are a whole bunch of knot holes in the glulam deck panels that are
about 1 to 2 inches deep.  It seems like these will collect water, and, I
suppose, rot out the deck over time .  Is there a filler that is commonly
used for this?  Maybe a glue or epoxy.

Doug Fredericks, P.E.
CH2M HILL
2485 Natomas Park Drive, Suite 600