Re: ET&F fastening systems

Concerning ET and F fastening systems.

We are just completing a project in Portland, Oregon where the ET and F
pins were used for plywood shear walls over steel studs.  We used both the
0.100" pins and 0.144" pins.  The main complaint from the contractor was
the cost of the 0.144" diameter pins.  We were told that the cost of these
pins is eight cents per pin.  With pins 3" o.c. this adds up very quickly.
The problem with overdriving does not seem to be any worse than for nailed
wood stud walls.  The quality depends mostly on the care taken by the
installer.

Dave Morris P.E.
Corvallis, Oregon