RE: Earth pressures on retaining walls

You may try to get a copy of the book Foundation Analysis and Design by J.E.
Bowles.  He discusses much of the information you have referred to.  I have
always used his design approach, which if memory serves me correctly, means
designing for the Ko (at rest earth pressure) and using an ACI load factor
of 2.  It yields a conservative result; but, serviceability problems
associated with in place retaining walls are difficult if not impossible to
fix.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.