AISC LRFD- composite beams

I find it strange that most texts including the Salmon & Johnson advise
that using steel beams composite with concrete slabs generate savings of
20% to 30%.
The design charts and calcs indicate a considerably higher saving
particularly when beams under 16" are used with slabs 5" and over.This
is quite common for most buildings under 4 stories high. Deflections
usually are also fine.
A typical W10X15 has an permissible Mn of 43 kip ft . When composite
with a 5" slab the permissible is generally over 75 kip ft. Im I doing
something wrong

Mark Francois