RE: AISC LRFD- composite beams

I am a big fan of LRFD composite beam construction and use it anytime I get
the opportunity.  Some of the "things" that cost money that you may not be
taking into consideration are the cost of the studs ($1 to $2 each
installed, just guessing)and the cost to camber the beam.  I have seen some
discussion regarding the use of partial composite action to decrease the
number of studs and thus the cost.  I believe Charlie Carter with AISC
educated me on this topic in Cleveland about a year ago, I am sure he can be
of more help.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.