RE: SEAInt Archive Search

Just added link to archives beginning January 2000 on our home page at:
http://www.seaint.org

I will look into the search problem. Thank you for reporting it.

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
Admin, SEAINT

At 01/19/00 02:52 PM, you wrote:
I've had a similar problem in the past.  I decided that the problem was most
likely due to the way that the archive volumes are organized (and presumably
searched).  You will notice that 1999a (which is months 1-3) occurs before
1999b (monts 4-6), etc.  When I perform a search, the results returned seem
to be tied to the order of the archive volumes rather than being in reverse
chronological order.  I believe the search stops after a certain amount of
time which means that it doesn't always get to the more recent stuff that is
in later volumes.  When I'm looking for something more recent, I just go to
the volume in question and look at the posts (after appropriate sorting).