From: Mike Valley [mailto:mtv(--nospam--at)skilling.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2000 2:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: SEAInt Archive Search

I've had a similar problem in the past.  I decided that the problem was most
likely due to the way that the archive volumes are organized (and presumably
searched).  You will notice that 1999a (which is months 1-3) occurs before
1999b (monts 4-6), etc.  When I perform a search, the results returned seem
to be tied to the order of the archive volumes rather than being in reverse
chronological order.  I believe the search stops after a certain amount of
time which means that it doesn't always get to the more recent stuff that is
in later volumes.  When I'm looking for something more recent, I just go to
the volume in question and look at the posts (after appropriate sorting).