Galvanizing High Strength Bolts

High Strength bolts cannot be hot-dipped, it destroys the tempering.  Galvanized
high strength bolts are galvanized by mechanically coating the bolts with zinc
particles.  You should be careful when ordering galvanized HSB's to ensure that
the nuts will still be able to chase down the bolt threads - because the
thickness of the zinc increases the diameter of both the bolt and the nut hole,
the nut needs to be specially fabricated with a slightly larger diameter to
account for the thickness of the galvanization.  I recall one job I worked on
where the bolts and nuts delivered to the field refused to marry because of
this.
regards,
Martin