Re: Hold downs of stacked wood shear walls

Although we don't design houses, we hear something similar....."it is
just a big house" for say a 10,000 or 20,000 sf commercial building. I
guess the same agrument is used everywhere.

We have a professional and a legal obligation to design it right no
matter what was done in the past. If someone wants you do something less
than that required, ask them to walk you thru the numbers.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.