Re: Horiz Force Factor (vehicle lift)

I assume the C factor you reference is from the 1994 UBC.  Doesn't the
California DOT use the 1997 UBC yet?

If the vehicle lift is supported at grade, you have a nonbuilding structure.
Reference 1997 UBC Section 1634.  From Table 16-P, you would use R = 2.2.

If the vehicle lift is supported by a structure above grade, you have equipment
supported by a structure.  Reference 1997 UBC Section 1632.  From Table 16-0,
you would use ap = 2.5 and Rp = 3.0.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo

Paul_Reilly(--nospam--at)dot.ca.gov on 01/21/2000 12:57:08 PM