RE: Philosophy: Seismic Design Standards

Anyone know anything about the International Perforamnce Building Code (the
performance version of the IBC)?  It was mentioned in a short little blurb
in the Jan. 2000 Building Design & Construction.  It said that the IPBC
would be available later this year.

Scott

At 11:08 AM 01/21/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>Currently, the PBD subcommittee is mentally exhaused after just finishing the
>new Blue Book appendix, so we're letting them take it easy for a few
months to
>get re-aquainted with their families.  In terms of future directions, I don't
>think anyone is thinking about incorporating it into the code at any point in
>the near future.  We'd like to stand back and look at it next to other
>approaches, in particular the new methodology that will be presented in the
>upcoming SAC guidelines.  Then perhaps take the best ideas of everything to
>incorporate into a future revision.  Developing and perfecting a technical
>methodology is one thing, there are a lot of very big issues that Frank
McClure