RE: FLAG POLE FOUNDATIONS in CA

Let me clarify "foundation"... I really need the correct approach for the pier design....the manufacturer's provide their own design which typically involves embedding the pole into a corrugated tube which is then filled with sand. The corrugated tube is placed in approx. 3'-0"x12"dia of concrete (unreinforced?). I am concerned that this support may not be sufficient...the numbers that I ran for the UBC criteria required a pier embedment of about 15 feet!....
Thank you for the input...