RE: Concrete Problems

More insight.

The conical shape was because the contractor poured the piers too high.
When I made him break them to grade, he obviously operated the jackhammer in
a vertical position and sheared the top of the pier's off.  The mud is from
piss pour construction techniques.  The only reason I noted the shape was so
that everyone would know that the grade beams were bearing on the piers
somewhat.

bks