RE: Steel Moment Frame - Channel to TS Column - FR or PR Connecti on?

Actually, I see his question as illustrating precisely the opposite. After
all, in the "old days" he'd have called it either "restrained" or
"unrestrained" moment connection. At least this way, calling it "P"artially
"R"estrained is trying to get closer to the REAL behavior of the connection.

division of wood diaphragms into rigid and
> flexible, where attention is diverted to taxonomy and nomenclature, like
with bird watching, and away from