RE: brick veneer support deflection

David,

The UBC says to use L/600 for total deflection.  The BIA says the lessor of
L/600 or 0.3".  I tend to agree with the BIA unless you can cut the masonry
into smaller panels with properly detailed joints that can accommodate more
movement.  I would recommend that you read the BIA Technical Note 28B.

Regards,
Harold Sprague