RE: brick veneer support deflection

David,

BIA stands for Brick Institute of America.  The BIA web page is at
www.bia.org.  Under the "For Architects, Designers and Builders" is a
section called Tech Notes.  It appears that they have all the Tech Notes
online, including 28B.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Scott E. Maxwell, PE
Structural Engineer

SmithGroup Inc.
500 Griswold, Suite 500
Detroit, MI  48226

Phone: (313) 442-8253
Fax:   (313) 442-8297

Work Email:     smaxwell(--nospam--at)dt.smithgroup.com
Personal Email: smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu