Tsunami Building Codes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Tsunami Building Codes
- From: SASQUAKE <sasquake(--nospam--at)uswest.net>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:48:45 -0800
- Delivered-to: fixup-seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org@fixme
This evening I listened to some first person accounts of survivors of the April 1, 1946 tsunami in Hilo, Hawaii. The tsunami was generated by an earthquake in the Aleutians. It was stated that Hawaii has building code requirements that basically try to position ground level walls perpendicular to the wave action, with everything else intended to "break away". Anybody know how to get a hold of the actual code language?
Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM
/ The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Wind Itself" / "We're All Subducting In This Together"
- Prev by Subject: Re: Truss Heel Shear Blocking
- Next by Subject: Tsunami Codes
- Previous by thread: Re: brick veneer support deflection
- Next by thread: Off topic, Help, you gurus -- Messages from SASQUAKE