Tsunami Building Codes

This evening I listened to some first person accounts of survivors of the April 1, 1946 tsunami in Hilo, Hawaii.  The tsunami was generated by an earthquake in the Aleutians.  It was stated that Hawaii has building code requirements that basically try to position ground level walls perpendicular to the wave action, with everything else intended to "break away".  Anybody know how to get a hold of the actual code language?

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /        The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Wind Itself"        /        "We're All Subducting In This Together"