Off topic, Help, you gurus -- Messages from SASQUAKE

The contents of this message are not the problem, but I'm getting a strange
reaction to the e-mails from SASQUAKE.

They all are blank until I hit "forward" or reply".

I'm using Internet Explorer, 4.0, and its associated e-mail.

Any suggestions?

If you'll reply to me privately, we won't clutter up this list.

Thanx,

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
1724 Beaver Pond Rd.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561
   Phone 850-932-5547
   Fax      850-934-1916

----------
> From: SASQUAKE <sasquake(--nospam--at)uswest.net>
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Tsunami Building Codes
> Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 1:48 AM

Aloha!

This evening I listened to some first person accounts of survivors of
the April 1, 1946 tsunami in Hilo, Hawaii.  The tsunami was generated by
an earthquake in the Aleutians.  It was stated that Hawaii has building
code requirements that basically try to position ground level walls
perpendicular to the wave action, with everything else intended to
"break away".  Anybody know how to get a hold of the actual code
language?

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /        The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Wind Itself"        /        "We're All
Subducting In This Together"