Re: Lateral load statistical basis

Hi Bob,

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Bob Hanson wrote:

> I would like to get opinions on lateral loads on a structure that is going
> to exist for only 35 days.

Be VERY careful when dealing with "temporary" structures.  We have some
temporary structures on campus that are now 80 years old.  (WWI surplus
buildings and equipment supports that were taken from a naval base and
then moved to campus)

How are you going to make sure that the structure is taken apart after 35
days ?

How are you going to prevent the structure from being re-used ?

Ed.S.
Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu