RE: Steel Moment Frame - Channel to TS Colum

>How about the actual stress distribution of a bolted connection? Stress
>distribution has a similar situation, and idealization is necessary.
I'm almost sure there's a point hiding in here somewhere.

>Possibly you are the only one who likes to criticize
>idealization.
Not likely. I'm a great believer in the Einstein dictum, 'Simplify
everything as much as possible but no more.' Corrolary to that is another
firm belief, 'Complications may be warranted if the additional work shows
benefit or clarifies understanding.'

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw