From: Jeff Creagan [mailto:jeffc(--nospam--at)kpff.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 11:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 3x_ versus (2)-2x_

A common request by contractors is can they substitute (2)-2x_ for the
3x_ studs we specify heavily nailed shear walls and bearing studs in the
lower levels of multi-story buildings (here in Seattle, 5 story
wood-framed structures are permitted) so long as the studs are spiked
together adequately to ensure shear transfer at panel edges.  Opinions?