Re: Tsunami Codes

You have a good memory.  You're right about insurance company involvement
-- Is it Ginko Biloba or just a gift?

I'm looking at the "Coastal Construction Manual", authored (sponsored?) by
FEMA, with the identifier, "FEMA-55/February 1986".

It's geared toward residential, single family and townhouses, and is the
our local building officials' "Bible".  It's big on breakaway walls, and
elevated living areas are "dictated" in designated as "V-Zones", those
areas subject to wave action.

There's a section which addresses the "Hawaiian Coast", but recognizes that
aesthetic considerations and tradition are very important.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561