RE: Anchor Bolt Straightening

Ed,

I believe you are referring to the prefab metal building industry.  If so,
they do not see local concrete crushing as a problem.  I can't say that I
have ever seen it as an issue on prefab metal buildings.

For the bigger heavy structural steel buildings the practice is to still use
grout.  The shim stacks are set on top of the setting template, the steel
column is set, and the grout is placed under the base plate after final
plumbing and alignment.

Regards,
Harold Sprague