RE: Circular Concrete Tanks without Prestressing

As I recall, the ACI 350 Sanitary Structures circular (I believe that's the
correct designation) requires you to compute the "Z" for the section anyway,
and of course the best way to determine the service level stress in your
bars (outside of being grossly conservative and using the assumed values
given in the circular) is to use...WSD.

Go figure.