RE: Who's using ASD or LRFD?

I use both....albeit I also use both metric and US Customary units
with no problem...and I also used a slide rule in high school.... and
designed a lot of riveted connections at college, and didn't enjoy
using the portal/cantilever methods or moment distribution for
analysis.

Being an "Alien", I may have a different perspective, but I was
under the impression that engineers are creative..scientific people,
quick to develop and accept new technologies.

Preferences
LRFD...metric ....high strength bolts....computers/calculators....
the automobile is also an interesting curiousity of the new age...

Peter