Re: temporary construction

To all that requested a copy of the proposed draft ASCE standard "Design
Loads on Structures During Construction":

A new ballot will be going out to committee members within 2 weeks.
Unless anyone has a pressing need that can't wait, I will delay sending
anything until then.  There are no changes proposed to the wind section,
but since I don't design in seismic areas, I can't say the same for that
section.  Dave Merrick has offered to scan it and create a .pdf file for
distribution, a much better option than fax for anyone with a computer.
Dave - if you send me your snail mail address I'll mail you a copy
suitable for scanning.  Finally, if there is anyone reading this message
without a computer that wants a copy, send me directions and I'll give
it to the Pony Express rider.

Phil