Re: Who's using ASD or LRFD?

I'm with Mike.

I use ASD also.  All my associates and competition use ASD.  I hope to go
to the LRFD seminar in Miami in March, time & $$ permitting.

If I am able to attend, you will be able to recognize me by the large chip
on my left shoulder and the piece of chalk (with which I draw a line and
dare you all to step over it) in my right hand ;-)

All you "west-coasters" just remember to have your passports, visas and
shots up to date before you venture to Miami.  Some of us rabid ASDr's
might bite you.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
1724 Beaver Pond Rd.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561
   Phone 850-932-5547
   Fax      850-934-1916

> From: Ritter, Mike <mritter(--nospam--at)lgt.lg.com>
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
> Subject: RE: Who's using ASD or LRFD?
> Date: Thursday, January 27, 2000 1:45 PM
>
> This debate has been going for a long time.  I have given my input
> before but I will give it again.  Sorry folks,  here goes...I use ASD!
> Everyone I know uses ASD!  For the most part, LRFD is not used when
> designing steel structures (at least not in the eastern U.S.).

<snip>