Re: 3x_ versus (2)-2x_

I'm curious, Jeff, how heavy are your "heavily nailed shear walls"?  How much
double-stud nailing would be required?  What are the chances that all of this
nailing will be properly completed?  Will the 2x studs take all these nails
into 2 faces without expiring (AKA splitting)?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA