From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 9:27 PM
To: jeffc(--nospam--at)kpff.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: 3x_ versus (2)-2x_

I'm curious, Jeff, how heavy are your "heavily nailed shear walls"?  How
much
double-stud nailing would be required?  What are the chances that all of
this
nailing will be properly completed?  Will the 2x studs take all these nails
into 2 faces without expiring (AKA splitting)?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA