Re: 3x_ versus (2)-2x_

For information, the Oregon Structural Speciality Code (97 UBC with Oregon
State Ammedments) went out of the way to delete this 3x requirement for
sill plates over 350 plf.  Why?   Washington State, Oregon, and California
editions of the code are have slightly different footnotes for this table.

Just some information for thought.

Peder Golberg, P.E.
Portland, Oregon.