Re: Who's using ASD or LRFD?

Sorry Mr. Ritter,
Your all quotes are untrue. Contrary to your believes let me update you on
the following:
1. LRFD is being used for designing steel structure.
2. Yes, Lots of people in eastern U.S. use LRFD for steel design !!!!
3. No. ASD is not used widely by every practicing Professional Engineer.
4. I did not see "audience Turing red" in AISC seminars or lecture serise.
5. Do not blame AISC for any thing. They are not pushing LRFD. AISC has given
us choices. It is for us to progress (LRFD) or stay behind (ASD).

L.H.K. Sharan, PE