Re: T-111

True T1-11 plywood siding is now 19/32" thick, grooves 1/4" deep. If you nail in
the full-thick portion of panel (including edges), full allowable design shear
values apply since panels are thicker (where nailed) than minimum nom. thickness
specified in Table 23-II-I-1. Regularly, T1-11 plywood is nailed with 8d hot-galv.
box nails (same shear values as 8d common nails). But if the panel is nailed along
thinner shiplap edge, then use allowable design shear values for 5/16" panels
since thickness of panel at point of nailing governs shear values. The "link"
between UBC shear wall table and T1-11 plywood siding is in ICBO ES Report 1952.
John Rose/APA, Tacoma, WA