Autocad Layering Standards for Structural Engineering

I have started to work up a layer standard for my use. My intent is to use
the standard to help automate drafting tasks.
I never thought of a layer standard as an important issue - figuring each
office works up their own. However, when sharing drawings I find that the
number of layers that combine can be staggering.
I am interested in seeing what other have worked up as a structural
engineering standard. Mine follows this format:
Sx-Fndt-Slab-exp[exposed]
Sx-Fndt-Slab-hid[den]
Sx-Fndt-Slab-ann[otation]
Sx-Fndt-Slab-txt
Sx-Fndt-Slab-Dim
Sx-Fndt-Ftg-exp
Sx-Fndt-Ftg-hid
etc.
Where Sx is structural level 'X' (1,2,3,etc.)

I am interested in what others have done and any programing tips you have
that help you automate drawings. For example, I am thinking of creating a
button to draw a slab outline that will simplify the process of changing to
the correct layer without going through 50 or more layers each time. If
others have automated tasks like this I would appreciate sharing the
information so that we can all learn from it.
Thanks

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant