Re: Autocad Layering Standards for Structural Engineering

Good idea, working up a standard that we can all adopt or adapt.  I have gone
full circle on layering.  Started out wanting to layer to the nth degree.
Now I layer minimally.

Here's a hint for what it's worth.  During drawing development, I start all
my layers with "0-" (zero, not the number), which places them at the
beginning of the alphabetized listing in the drop down box; eases layering.
So, using your layers, they'd look like this:

0-Sx-Fndt-Slab-exp[exposed]
0-Sx-Fndt-Slab-hid[den]
0-Sx-Fndt-Slab-ann[otation]

Then, at the project's end, for archive purposes, you can edit the layer
names to force them to their proper place in the alphabet.

John P. Riley